The Philadelphia Eagles usher in a new season with a young team clad in 1960s championship-era kelly green, vs. the Green Packers, whom they beat for the NFL crown 50 years ago. I’m predicting an upset win for the home/season opener to initiate what should be an uneven but exciting season. So I’m back to the blog for another season of pigskin prognostication:
- Green Bay– Win… A young team plays over it’s head on opening day
- Detroit- Win… The return of LB Ernie Sims sees victory over his old team
- Jax Win… Probably play down to there competition but still win in a flat game
- Washington Win… Return of McNabb, but it’s all good- so far.
- ‘Frisco Win… Things getting a little tight though
- Atlanta Loss… Ouch, the first bump in the road
- Tenn. Win… Little bit of a rebound
- Bye Week… Borrriiinnngg!!!
- Indy Loss… Feel the pain, as Manning shnes
- Washington Loss… A sports talk radio host’s delight
- NY Giants Win… An ugly win on Football Night America
- Chicago Loss… Tough in Chicago this year. Grab a glass of Goose Island
- Houston Loss… A team that’s always a sentimental favorite. Houston, do we got a problem?
- Dallas Loss… A dire Texas two step?
- NY Giants Loss… Getting cold in here
- Minn. Win… Brett retires again?
- Dallas Win… Close the regular season in inspired fashion
So looking like 9-7, but I think we eke out a Wild Card appearance. Not a juggernaut yet but a young team pointed in the right direction. But please end the Vick experiment!